Environmental portraits are images of individuals and families made under (mostly) natural light, both indoors and outdoors. Examples can be found in our Couples and Families and Boys and Girls galleries.
Early on, we decided to abandon the classic portrait photography business model of “session fee plus prints”. We don’t offer prints, and we’re not dependent on selling prints, so we can offer a Flat Rate. No surprises when you actually want the photos from your session! You get full size digital downloads for self printing, usage in digital photo frames, etc.
The Regular Session
- session usually lasts 1.5-2.5 hours (usually about 25-50 photos)
- up to 4 people, including kids
- any location of your choice, as long as photography is permitted*
- one photographer and one assistant
- includes travel expenses within 20 miles of San Diego North county
- unlimited wardrobe changes (time & location permitting)
- each photo will be individually processed
- full resolution digital images for download, with print release
- low resolution files for direct sharing on Facebook and other social networks
The Compact Session
- session usually lasts 1-1.5 hours
- you get about 15-25 fully processed photos
- everything else just like the regular session, above
Travel fees for locations more than 20 miles from North County San Diego, rates for larger groups and longer sessions are subject to negotiation. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any inquiries.
*) locations that require a fee and/or permit to use subject to negotiation (applies to all San Diego County Parks, see here).